Sunday, October 19, 2008

Saturday Night Guest


Last night after I put Alayna in her bed, I was walking into our kitchen and this is what I saw....


I first screamed "David, there is a snake in the house!!" He is used to me yelling about crickets in the house all the time, just yesterday a cricket got washed with my towels. He was still alive. So the snake is a new critter to have in our house. How could it have gotten in? Well David got a stick and cornered the snake. I remembered that members of our ward have snakes. So I called (after taking some pictures). The brother was more than happy to come over and take the snake. David thought that it might be a rattlesnake because of how it was moving its tail, but we learned that it was a harmless king snake. Not so harmless to me to see something slither across the floor in the dark. I don't mind the lizards and frog in out backyard, but the thought of snakes in the house is too much. All night when I had to get up to go the the bathroom ( a few times at six months pregnant) I thought about snakes crawling on the floor. I don't feel safe in my house.

9 comments:

  1. AAGGHHH! That would have freaked me out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry. That was Christine and not Jason. He'd probably think a snake in the house was cool. ECKK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!!!!! THAT IS CRAZY!!!!!!!! Oh, I don't EVER want that to happen to me. I think I would have had a heart attack!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roxanne, I found your blog, it's darling. That would totally freak me out to see a snake in my home. I don't know how you sleep. Bless your heart and hopefully you won't get anymore. How are you feeling?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man that is so stinkin slithery gross! I would definitely freak out if I saw that in my house. It looks pretty big too. I'm glad it wasn't a rattlesnake. :) Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having had a similar experience when we lived in Willcox...I totally echo your feelings! Snakes do not belong in houses!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love reading this post. Although I would have been a basketcase had I found a snake in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought my scorpion was creepy but you win, that would give me nightmares for months!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a crazy find! I would have freaked out too--did you ever figure out how it got inside?? and BTW, congrats on a boy!!! I bet David is ecstatic. IT seems like men always want their boys, eh? Jared says he would be content with all girls, but I think that is "in theory" b/c he's afraid we will end up with all girls...I find out on Nov 17th what I'm having. Alayna is so dang cute! Looks like you guys are doing great.

    ReplyDelete